London +447340317336


Finding the right one

if you need to come to the UK  there are several type of visas including short-stay, business and studying purposes. Let us  guide you  through.

The nationals of countries outside of European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland must obtain permission to come to the United Kingdom.

This is called entry clearance and it is granted in a form of visa. The online system Visa4UK is used to submit an application form which is available only in English.

The application process is sometimes complex to an unfamiliar person and indeed different from what you are used in your own country. It is permitted to ask somebody to complete an application form on your behalf but you must sign it and attend visa application centre in person.

There are different types of visas and different categories. The purpose and the duration of your staying in the UK are the starting point to understand which one suits your needs. Generally speaking applications classified by the UK Border Agency as visiting appear to be easier to obtain compared to those described under immigration category.

Tourism or family visit

As a tourist, family visitor or a parent of children at  school you can come to the UK for a short stay. These applications are quite straightforward, but  they have significant restrictions attached.

Child and Student

The main types of visa applicable to studying at private schools in the UK are Tier 4 (Child) Student for those between 4 and 17 years old and Child Visitor for those 17 or under  who are studying a short-term course. Students over 18 years old applying to universities usually will come under a Tier 4 (General) Student visa although it may also be applicable to some teenagers who are 16 or 17 years old.

There is a special visa arrangement for parents who wish to accompany pupils studying in the UK if a child is under 12 years old. A visa allows staying here for a max 12 months but you can apply for an extension.

Business visit

For those who are interested to come to the UK to do business during a short stay there are two main categories –  business visitor and prospective entrepreneur. A prospective entrepreneur is a short-term visa valid for 6 month whilst business visitor  visa maybe applicable for longer stay.   Please note that the longer period is requested the stricter are the criteria for unlimited entry in the UK.

Investment immigration

There are a few types of visa arrangements worth considering if someone wish to come to the UK for business purpose and prepared to have here a second home.  For example, the subcategories Investor and Entrepreneur are included in the immigration category Tier 1 - High value migrant and are both point-based where a visa applicant must score enough points to qualify for the different requirements. It should be noted that both applications are very challenging with rules that are not easier to grasp.

Whatever is a visa you are applying for it is important to produce all the necessary information before the application is submitted. Vestigio Services is happy to assist you in understanding the visa requirements so please do not hesitate to contact us.

Vestigio Services is an independent company that provides a premium service in the area of properties, investments, visas, education, and travel to customers in the United Kingdom with a particular focus on Russian speakers.

Contact us

Email Vestigio for more information
Phone us on +447462006956
We are on Skype at vestigioservices
Send a letter at our London office
Send your request using the form on the webpage
Follow us on Facebook on the English or Russian page
Sign up for our Vestigio Services twitter feed
Get in touch on Linkedin
Read our lifestyle blog

Vestigio for you

Should you wish our assistance in submitting your application on your behalf or would like to discuss a  visa arrangement    please  contact us.

We are happy to assist parents, pupils, and businesspeople in understanding visas requirements,  explain  the point based system, and provide information on supporting documents.

Point based system and English language

The point-based system has been introduced to regulate immigration to the UK from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. Each of the system's four current tiers has different requirements and the number of points the applicant needs and the way the points are awarded will depend on the tier they are applying under.

The English language requirements are included in some categories. For example in the Adult Student - Tier 4 (General) - an applicant should be able to demonstrate a competence in the English language at minimum upper-intermediate level (B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) whilst in the Tier 1 (High value migrant) - an applicant under subcategory Entrepreneur should achieve an intermediate level in English (B1 CEFRL).

Moreover those applying as Adult Student or Entrepreneur may expect to be invited to attend an interview with UK immigration authorities.

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies

An important part of applying for a student visa is the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), which is an electronic document with a unique reference number given to a visa applicant by an education provider.

The education provider must be approved by UK immigration authorities. The school responsible for assessment of a child or teenager suitability for studying at chosen course and this information is included in the CAS.

The document is valid for 6 months.

Child student visa vs. Adult student visa

There is a significant difference in Tier 4 requirements between child and adult student visas. Applicants for Tier 4 (General) Student who need a visa to study at universities must demonstrate a minimum level of competence in the English language.

This requirement will not apply for Tier 4 (Child) Student visas so this will not affect pupils between the ages of 4 and 17 years old at the residential fee-paying schools or further education colleges. Students moving from a Tier 4 (Child) to a Tier 4 (General) visa who have completed a course of study of at least six months’ duration are also exempt.

Copyright  © 2016 Vestigio Services. All Rights Reserved.

Registered Office: 71–75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ

Registered in England and Wales with company number 8920703

Get in touch on Facebook Join Our Linkedin Page Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram